Re: am i being wormed? aaugh!

David Purton wrote:

On Mon, 6 Aug 2001, Ian Perry wrote:

About 15 mins ago it began hitting my subnet 210.x.x.x ... all Red 2
packets.

Gee - must be my lucky day...

guess what subnet my isp uses :)

I was getting random hits this morning, 5 hrs or so ago with one every 6
mins.
Now its down to every 30 secs.

I looked up some of the IPs... most are in SE Asia, but some are in large
corps here in Australia.  I can see some severance pay cheques coming
around.

Ian

There is tool that helps to slow down the virus at:

http://www.hackbusters.net/CodeRedneck.tgz

Funny thing is that Linux users help preventing a worm from spreading that only infects MS servers :-))

Frank