Re: [OT] Power supply specs

> Heloo, all...
>
> I'm looking around for a new case to replace my current one, and in
> looking at the power supplies that come with them, I've noticed
> that a number of them say that they are "AMD approved".  I was
> wondering if this means that they cannot be used with a P3. (I'm
> wondering the same about ones that say they're P4 ready) I have a
> dual P3 mobo, and I just want to make sure that I get a power
> supply that works with my current setup.

power supplies are power supplies. as long as its ATX
(assuming yer MB is ATX) and it provides sufficient wattage
it will work on any ATX board, AMD or Intel. the higher end
Athlon chips require a better power supply(I picked up a 450watt
for my athlon 1.3ghz), but that doesn't mean it won't work on
intel chips. I suggest tossing out any power supply you buy in
a cheap case (less then $200), and getting a good power supply
from someone like PC Power & Cooling.

nate