imap-server: A neverending story?

Hi again!

Thanks for all the help about my apt-get problem. Now there is somthing new.
I would like to run an imapserver on my debian-system 2.2 unstable. I have
an static-ip-adress with permanent connection and the server should relay
mails for people inside AND outside (intranet and everything else) the server. So
the whole server should send and receive mails for me.

I tried to do "apt-get install courier-imap". Everything worked fine. After
the installation I tried to connect from outlook to the server (per intranet)
but no connection was available. A "ps ax | grep imapd" showed nothing, but
/usr/sbin/imapd did not changed this status as well. What is the problem?
Which packages do I need (courier-base, courier-mta..... - and in which order?)
and which config-files are needed to be edited?

A quick and dirty mini-todo would be great....

Thanks a lot,
Martin (who wants his email-adress back)...

--
Aufgepasst - jetzt viele 1&1 New WebHosting Pakete ohne
Einrichtungsgebuehr + 1 Monat Grundgebuehrbefreiung!