Re: nautilus soooooooo slow to load

At 2001-08-03T22:52:40Z, Shriram Shrikumar <prince_shri@yahoo.com> writes:

> Nestcape 4.7. I know that 6 is much slower and thus haven't upgraded.

Mozilla is pretty quick as of 0.9.2.  Load times are kind of long, but it's
stable enough (for me, at least) that I don't tend to start it more than
once or twice per day.

> Is it just inefficient coding or something else causing it to be sooo
> slow?

Define efficiency.  The stated project plan was to write unsophisticated
(read: slow but easily debuggable) code, and to start algorithm optimization
once the system had stabilized to an acceptable degree.  In the sense of
maintainability, readability, and traceability, the code is highly
efficient.
--
Kirk Strauser