undelete for ext2

Hi All,

It was pleasant afternoon when I realised that maybe, today would be
a good day to move the /var partition just to / so I can use the
extra space elsewhere and / had a couple of hundred megs not being
used. I went into singe user mode and then,

cd /
mkdir var2

cd /var
mv * /var2

after churning around for a while, it gave up and told me that there
was no space. I gave up on moving var the var parition and before
thinking gave

cd /
rm var2 -r

Thus started my adventure into ext2 undeletion software.

I have already tried recover which i pulled off of freshmeat.net

http://freshmeat.net/projects/recover/

it seems to find the deleted inodes and then tries to dump them in a
specified folder which leaves me with a lot of dumpxxxx files -
anybody with any clues as to what I can do with these files to put
them back where they belong ? or maybe even a better undelete
sofware.

Any help appreciated.

Thanx

Shri