Re: NVidia GeForce MX2 XFree86 v4

> I am having problems setting up XFree86 v4 with my NVidia GeForce2 MX.
> I am using kernel 2.4.5 on Woody.
>
> Has anyone gotten this card to work?  Any tips on what I can try?
>
> If I type XFree86 -configure
>
> I get an -Number of created screens does not match number of detected devices
>

> Any suggestions?

The simplest approach is just to edit the config file by hand. Depending on
whether you're running a 3.x or a 4.x server, the config file could be
/etc/X11/XF86Config or /etc/X11/XF86Config-4. See the man page for XF86Config
for information about its contents, but if you know your monitor
specifications, it's not that hard. The driver you want is 'nv'.

You can also try the XF86Setup program (assuming you're running a 3.x X
server), which, even if it doesn't quite work for you, will generate an
XF86Config file which can serve as a starting point. Failing that,
running dpkg-reconfigure xserver-common will do the same thing.

--
Geoffrey M. Romer
gromer@hmc.edu