One silly doubt and one good one

Godd Morning Everybody !
I wish to ask 2 questions :
1. Supposing you are having a  binary cose , say scoadmin  , on a SCOUnix machine  ,
, , How do I transport this binary to Linux , so that it works over there ? I tried
once but , it didnt materialise. Perhaps something with header files or machine
specifications ? If yes , is there anything called de-compile for C/C++ code? I
understand that you can decompile Java code (though  not to human readable format) .

2. Binary is for the Unixes (including Linux) and Ascii is used by Windows . What
exactly are these ? Are they machine code?

Thanks,
(shyamk@eth.net)
Shyam

"Quality can Never be Quantified . It exists by itself and Quantity might hand it an
untimely demise if blown out of the very fragile proportions that constitute it ."