Re: How secure am I? - samba

hi ya

grep nmbd /etc/inetd.conf
	- if you dont get any matches...its NOT affected..
	and similarly hosts.deny,hosts.allow does nto affect samba either

	- if it is listed... okay... it does get affected..
	but donno why you'd wanna run it from inetd...
	( think slackware has it(nmbd,smbd) in inetd ... )

- you can and should start samba with rc.samba...NOT inetd...

ftp is bad....use scp especially when dealing with firewall...

c ya
alvin