Re: Network Drivers

On Fri, Aug 03, 2001 at 04:03:49AM -0500, Andy Laurence wrote:
| > > I suppose the big question is 'Can anyone compile the eepro100.o for
| > > 2.2.19?'
| > >
| > Ok, I will give it a try. Be patient ;-)
|
| Thanks to those who helped, I've got the networking sorted now.  I'm having
| trouble getting on the net though with a machine that isn't authenticating
| to the domain server.  That's something I can sort out myself though.

The usual problems people have with "getting on the 'Net" after the
ethernet card works involve routing and DNS.  Make sure your ISP (or
your masquerading box) is set as the default route of that interface
in /etc/interfaces and be sure the IP address of a DNS server is
listed in /etc/resolv.conf.

-D