fixing a debian system: which RTFM to start?
I am a lay debian user with minimum operating experience.
Would someone please inform me, which manual to read for
fixing a REMOTE debian system (i.e. ca. 10000 miles from my
First the good news:
- I can reboot the system (and login again into it)
- It is not a production system (so no worries for ruin it)
The Bad News is:
- many anomalies occurs, e.g. the "named" sometimes dies.
- not much information is available about the history of
- When I try to "update" (in dselect) it complains that
"mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/hda as a
despite there are only /dev/sda, /dev/hdb, and /dev/hdc
on the system.
The current kernel is 2.4.6 and /etc/apt/sources.list
points to woody (with commented potato).
May I know, what RTFM to start?
Rahmat M. Samik-Ibrahim - VLSM-TJT - http://rms46.vlsm.org
- Hi! How are you? I send you this in order to have advice