Help! All thumbs with prosper and/or seminar.sty in LaTeX

Hi. Has anyone produced transparencies using the version of prosper
class in Debian "testing" . I've tried both the example in prosper and
the examples in seminar and I have a problem with things bleeding of the
page when I run latex, and then bizarre scrunched up ouput when I run
tkdvi and no output when I run dvi2ps -c

Being fairly new to LaTeX, I've had no problem producing  journal
documents using the provided templates and tkdvi, and either dvipdfm or
dvi2ps.  Any tips on how to make nice slides......????I'm almost at the
desperate stage of dumping all of my postscripts into PwrPoint :(