Re: potato to sid upgrade error 32 broken pipe

This is a problem alright.  You may want to get debian-testing in on this,
as a smooth potato -> woody transition is getting more vital by the day.
When woody freezes, there MUST be a smooth upgrade path from potato

On Wed, 1 Aug 2001, Sebastiaan wrote:

>> -----------
>> 90 packages upgraded, 17 newly installed, 0 toremove and 3 not upgraded.
>> 3 packages not fully installed or removed.
>> Need to get 0B/19.5MB of archives. After unpacking 13.0MB will be used.
>> Do you want to continue? [Y/n]
>> perl: error while loading shared libraries: libdb.so.3: cannot open
>> shared object file: No such file or directory
>> E: Write error - write (32 Broken pipe)
>> E: Failure running sript /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt
>> sid:~#
>> Nevere ran into an error of this type. Should have I upgraded to woody
>> first, then unstable? Any suggestions appreciated.
>I had these problems with perl when upgrading to woody. Just run apt-get
>dist-upgrade and apt-get -f install until both commands have finished (I
>had to do this over 20 times before my upgrade was complete!).

Pardon me, but you have obviously mistaken me for someone who gives a
email galt@inconnu.isu.edu