Re: potato to sid upgrade error 32 broken pipe

I had the same problem while doing exactly the same thing last week.
Unfortunately, cant remember exactly how it was solved. There is a
package in /var/cache/apt/archives that needs to installed manually
using dpkg. I think it was a libc package or a db2 something.

you can just do

dpkg -i <filename.deb>

sorry about the vagueness of the package names - it was 2am.

Hope this helps

Shri