Re: can xdmcp be made secure...

>>>>> "Walter" == Walter Tautz <wtautz@math.uwaterloo.ca> writes:

Walter> as far as i can see the initial login passes the passwd in
Walter> cleartext? obviously once I'm logged in I can use ssh to login
Walter> into other hosts with relative security,but what about the
Walter> initial login on an x-terminal?

I'm not sure of any program that encrypts X traffic. Maybe someone
else knows more about this.

Just beware:
If you log into an X-terminal, and then do ssh to another host, the
communication between the terminal and the login host is not protected
by ssh. So your ssh password is transmitted in cleartext!

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>