Re: NFS - file systems always read-only despite "rw,no_root_squash" and "mount -o rw"

> I'm having a problem with my NFS server on a Debian 2.2 system.
>
> I've got a fresh installation of Debian on an old Pentium, on a LAN with
the nfs-server package running.  I have an export in /etc/exports set to be
read-write without root squashing and mounted it read-write on another
computer on the LAN.  But when I try to write anything to the mounted
filesystem on the client I get the error message "Read-only file system."
It doesn't matter whether I'm a regular user or whether I'm root, I can't
write anything to the mount.  Even when I mount the export locally I can't
write to it.  I ensured that the export is indeed mounted rw by typing
'mount' to list the mounts.

> Here is my /etc/exports file:
> /     *.lan(rw,no_root_squash,nohide)
> /usr  *.lan(rw,no_root_squash,nohide)
> /home *.lan(rw,no_root_squash,nohide)

This is a long shot.... are the permissions of the directories your trying
to write to correct?

Thanks,
Frans