Re: (WM) launching apps in particular workspaces

on Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 03:40:27PM -0700, Carl Johnson (carlj@peak.org) wrote:
> Duncan Watson <deamonrift@yahoo.com> writes:
>
> > On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 06:36:35PM +0200, Martin W?rtele wrote:
> > > On Tue, Jul 31, 2001 at 08:48:33AM -0700, Duncan Watson wrote:
> > [snip]
>
> ...snip...
>
> > You get the idea.  I tend to use a lot of xterm, eterms, etc.  They are
> > started all the time.  I don't want to pin them to a particular workspace
> > forever.
>
> Have you tried just setting things up the way you want them and then
> select the menu item WorkSpace->Save_Session.  I have about a dozen
> things I start that way, including several xterms, and they all start
> in the proper workspaces.  It seemed like Gnome might have caused
> problems with that, but I didn't find that Gnome provided enough more
> than just WindowMaker to make it worth while.

Note that 'Save Session' creates a file somewhere (under GNUstep) that
should give you the syntax for starting apps in specified workspaces.

  What part of "Gestalt" don't you understand?          There is no K5 cabal
    http://gestalt-system.sourceforge.net/           http://www.kuro5hin.org
Free Dmitry!! Boycott Adobe!! Repeal the DMCA!!  http://www.freesklyarov.org