Re: what does "cramfs" mean?

Tao> Hi, I use kernel 2.4.7 , when I turn on my computer, I can see
Tao> ... VFS: Mounted root (cramfs filesystem) Waiting for 5 seconds,
Tao> press Enter to obtain a shell

The system first loads an initial ramdisk (initrd), before
initializing the hardware.

Tao> if I press Enter, it says 9: Terminated sh: can't access tty; job
Tao> control turned off

You don't need to do anything there. Just let it continue. Normally,
you should get a prompt if you press enter. I don't know why it
doesn't work. It might be a bug in the initrd-tools package.

Try booting without doing anything, to see if that works.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>