Re: Will my modem work?

Go to your Device Manager and the select the + by the
modem then look at what it tell you about the modem.
Then select the modem then properities at the bottom
and see what it say for the port that its using and
the name.
  Go to this url and see if your modem is listed there
and there is also a ton of readme type help about
linmodems there...
http://linmodems.technion.ac.il/
  I am currently using a winmodem with Mandrake 8.0 to
answer this with, so all is not lost yet.
I hope that this helps.
Don