Re: Sawfish hangs at configuration

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 02:14:10PM -0400, Jason Rashaad Jackson wrote:
| Howdy all.  I'm running Sawfish-gnome with the Ximian Gnome packages.
| Everything runs great until I try to run the configurator for Sawfish.
| Checking 'top., anytime I select one of the Sawfish configuration options,
| the process 'sawfish-capplet' hangs and proceeds to devour my CPU time.  Any
| ideas?  Here's my pertinent info:

I had this problem when sawfish and sawfish-capplet had mismatched
versions.  If I ran 'startx' from a console I would see lots of errors
about missing symbols and versions, and nasty stuff like that.  I
would check the versions of all your sawfish packages and make sure
the correspond (sawfish, sawfish-capplet, librep, rep-gtk).

HTH,
-D