Re: Woody problems

On Mon, Jul 30, 2001 at 10:48:15PM +0100, Stephen J . Thompson wrote:
> Hello all,
>
> I have just attempted to upgrade from stable to testing and I have received
> the following error:
>
>  [Scanning packages]Template parse error near "" at
> /usr/lib/perl5/Debian/DebConf/Template.pm line 60, <TEMPLATES> chunk 2.
> E: Sub-process /usr/sbin/dpkg-preconfigure --apt returned an error code (29)
[...]
> Anyone seen this before? Should this be passed on to the developers?

It's OK - that one's been noticed, Joey tracked it down, and is being
fixed. The problem was that some packages were using a syntax in their
debconf template files that newer debconf understands but the version in
stable didn't. The bugs have been filed with severity 'grave', so
they'll be fixed before the next release.