Re: lilo does not work!

I've been told that if the kernel's not somewhere near the beginning of
the disk (in the first gig? that's just a guess), LILO can have trouble
seeing it. Sometimes people make a separate partition to mount /boot on
and put it near the front of the disk to solve this problem.
Running 'lilo -l' (as opposed to just 'lilo') has sometimes
fixed this for me, too.

 --Daniel

P.S. No guarantees on any of what I just said--I'm pretty inexperienced