Re: fixed frequency monitors

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 11:02:48AM +0100, Ted Harding wrote:
> On 29-Jul-01 Sam Varghese wrote:
> > i managed to get two 20" monitors today - but
> > both are fixed frequency.
> > does anyone have any experience in getting a
> > monitor of this kind to work with linux?
>
> I've done this with Hewlett Packard A1079C monitors.
>
> These have a 3-line input with separate cables for
> Red, Green and Blue, the synchronisation signal
> goes on the Green channel, and the resolution is
> fixed at 1280x1024. In this case the main issue is
> coping with the sync-on-green.

Thanks very much for taking the trouble to reply in so
much detail.

I probably will look for the adaptor which you mentioned
as these monitors are both Mac monitors - Supermac STD9782-E.

I've managed to find the vertical and horizontal sync rates.

Does the sync on green mean that you can't use a terminal
while in X?

Sam
--
(Sam Varghese)