Re: SOLVED: How to setup 100Mb/sec full duplex networking on Ultra-80?

On Sun, Jul 29, 2001 at 05:32:20AM +0200, Guenter Millahn wrote:
> > > The switch is a level 2, 100Mb/sec, with full-duplex capabilities from the
> > > early days of FastEthernet networking. But the main question for me is, how to
> > > force the debian woody box to go to 100 MBit full duplex mode?
> >
> > You have to use the ethtool program. If that doesn't work (as in it
> > gives you some weird ioctl errors), I'll have to get you an updated
> > version since that would mean you are using a 2.4.x kernel :)
>

> That did the job! Thank you. Indeed I have the 2.4.5 kernel.
>
> I grabbed the current version from sourceforge and built it.
> Will make a source package and submit it to the maintainer.

The current maintainer is quite busy, so I've been keeping the package
up-to-date lately. So just send it to me :)

What I'd like is a shell script wrapper that checks "uname -r" and
chooses the old 2.2.x ethtool, or the new ethtool, depending.

Ben