Re: dhcp & ip addresses

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. However, my firewall has been showing many ips
running the same exploits (port 53) against as well as pinging my
machine.

I'm thinking of grabbing a different ip from my dhcp-providing cable
ISP. So far, dhclient and pump keeps giving me the same ip, even when
I apt-get remove --purge and install the other. Only dhcpcd from
stable gives me another ip. I'm using SID, so is there a way to use
pump or dhclient to drop the current ip that they insist on giving me
and force them to look for a different one?

--
Eric Boo
Sunday, July 29, 2001, 10:46 AM

http://magicman.freeshell.org

Its name is Public Opinion.  It is held in reverence.  It settles everything.
Some think it is the voice of God.
		-- Mark Twain