Re: (newbie from RH) How can i create a .deb package, or compile a source .deb package ?

	Hi Armin,

	I am not able to give a very good answer myself, but I am will give
you what little info I know. I was hoping that someone would have
replied to your question already but from my mail it does not look like
anyone has yet. An answer may be in the mailing list archives too, which
can be searched. But anyway, I have only done this once a long time ago
with a source package that I downloaded from freshmeat I think it was
and was made with debian in mind, as it had a directory in it named
'rules'. All I did was type in    debian/rules  and by typing man -k
debian there are a few man pages about it too. Such as dh_builddeb.
Maybe some of the man pages might be of help. I see people asking about
this when I'm in IRC and mostly the response is debian/rules or
./debian/rules. I may be trying to do some more of this myself in the
future sometime. Oh. btw, when I did do the one debian package build it
made the .debs in the parent directory of the directory I was in. As in
i was in /usr/local/src/source_of_program and made the .debs in
/usr/local/src. So you might want to look for them there when you try it
out.

	Hope that helps!

	Jim Richards

Q: What did the instructor at the school for Kamikazi pilots say to his
students?
A: Watch closely. I'm only going to do this once.