Re: How do I find my local IP assigned by my ISP when using pon, etc?

Joost Kooij writes:
> Make sure that the user is in the "dialout" group, so she can run pon and
> poff to start and stop a dialin session determined by one of the files in
> /etc/ppp/peers/.

There is no need to put the user in the 'dialout' group.  That is for
direct access to the the serial ports, which is not needed for pon and
poff.  The user _does_ need to be in the 'dip' group, and pppconfig can
arrange that.
--
John Hasler
john@dhh.gt.org