Re: Fwd: Your site listed

On 28 Jul 2001, Joost Kooij wrote:
> On Sat, Jul 28, 2001 at 09:35:07AM -0500, d wrote:
> > HEY, people what is this CARP?
>
> It's called "spam".
>
> >                                 I have received some stuff like this before
> > and just thought it was an ERROR.
>
> Hmmm, I wish it was.  Welcome to the internet.
>
> >                                    Now I am begaining to wonder......  Is
> > this sort of thingy acceptable practice or should we turn them in to some
> > "FROG" or "SALAMANDER" some place FAR FAR AWAY?
>
> Please tell us how to do that if you find a way.  You'd be mighty popular.
>
> Cheers,
>

> Joost

You think this is bad? I'm getting a message every 2 days or so with a
200K+ attachment in base 64 (which I can't read). It says something
like:

	"Hi. How are you? I'm sending this file for your comments.
	Thanks.
	See you later."

And he does - about 6 times now. It's always from a different address so
I can't filter it in any way.

Anyone had anything like this?

Anthony

--
Anthony Campbell - running Gnu/Debian Linux (Windows-free zone).
For electronic books (Homeomythology and The Assassins of Alamut), skeptical

Palo y tente tieso. (Spanish proverb)
Literal translation: A stick across your back and keep still.
Free translation: Holdfast is your only dog.