Re: dselect question

	Hi There Lance,

    I think one of the best ways to solve this problem would be with the
'dpkg --set-selections' command. Get all the names of the packages you
want to have it quit trying to install. Then you can the above command
on a command line and it will be waiting for your entries, there will be
no command prompt at this point. Type in the name of the first package
on your list, then hit tab, then type purge, then hit enter. Then keep
doing that for all the problem packages until you're done, then hit
CTRL-D to finish it and get back your command prompt. An example
follows...

c243491-a:~# dpkg --get-selections | grep zgv
xzgv                                            install
zgv                                             install
c243491-a:~# dpkg --set-selections
zgv     purge
c243491-a:~# dpkg --get-selections | grep zgv
xzgv                                            install
zgv                                             purge
c243491-a:~#

	HTH,

	Jimmy Richards