Re: dselect forcing recommends?

Michael P. Soulier wrote:
>     Hey people.
>
>     So, I'm in dselect, and it says that icewm-common recommends icepref.
> Unfortunately, it's not just a recommendation, because it won't resolve the
> conflict without it selected for install.

Yeah ... that's one of the things that drove me away from dselect.  IIRC,
you can eventually convince the damn thing to play nice by hitting Q instead
of Enter after you reset things the way you want.

>     Is this a dselect bug?

Broken by design.  Though some claim this behavior to be a feature.
Personally, I despise it.
--
Mike Werner  KA8YSD   | He that is slow to believe anything and
                      | everything is of great understanding,
'91 GS500E            | for belief in one false principle is the
Morgantown WV         | beginning of all unwisdom.