Re: Free WP9 editor

"Aidan Christian O'Reilly" <aidanc@crisp.net> writes:

> Other than getting WordPerfect, are there any options available
> (preferably free as in speech)?

There's Corel's WPO2K/Linux, although it's unstable and buggy.
There's Corel's WP8 free download, or used to be... but it probably
won't support all the formatting in WP9, and you can't install any
fonts in it anyway.  None of these are libre.

Unfortunately, those are the only things I know which support recent
WP documents.  Star Office might do it, but I doubt it supports recent
WP docs... nobody besides Corel does much work on reading Corel files,
because of its market share.  Sad to say, your best options may be
VMWare or Win4Lin.

Ask not for whom the <CONTROL-G> tolls.