GUI/Wmaker system shutdown app?

I've set up a GNU/Linux system for my folks to use and am dissatisfied
with one aspect of it:  there's no good, simple way I'm aware of to shut
down the system from the window manager of choice (WindowMaker).

I've granted access w/o password, via sudo, to 'shutdown -h now'.  It
would be possible to create a menu item with this command, but it would
not have a confirmation, which IMO should exist.

Requirements/preferences:

  - GUI-accessed method.  Preferably something I can place on the WMaker
    Dock or Clip.

  - Confirmation screen.  I'd like a "Yes/No" confirmation dialog to
    appear.

...that's pretty much it.  GNOME has a log-out option to shut down,
which would be appropriate, but IMO GNOME isn't suitably user-friendly.

KDE _would_ be a great desktop, but it isn't currently available in
Debian/Stable.  I'm likely headed in this direction though long-term.  I
do think that WMaker plus GMC (for desktop icons for storage & a file
browser) is a pretty good, simple, desktop.

   Are these opinions my employer's?  Hah!  I don't believe them myself!