Re: lilo stuff -- [ soundblaster sb 16 ]

hi ya markus...

easiest way to get around the lilo problem...
	- boot your server with a different media ( floppy or cdrom )
	- make a boot floppy
		# dd if=/vmlinuz of=/dev/fd0 bs=1024 )
		# rdev /dev/fd0 /dev/sda1
		  ( if your /vmlinuz is on /dev/sda1 )
		if it boots...good

	- probably wont work...since you're booting off sda1
	( you might need to get initrd on it too )

	- make sure your kernel ( /vmlinuz) supports your scsi disk
	( you'll get kernel panic if it cant find / on your system
	( in which case you're 1/2 way there

- otherwise... dig into your "large-disk howto"
	- see if the BIOS recognizes your disk on bios boot

	- see if you have to set the "large disk" jumper for your hardisk
		- probably need a jumper on your disk

- what is the rest of your lilo.conf file???
	- do you have initrd=... ??? ( you need it for booting from sda1 )
	- do you have lba32 ???
	- do you have linear ??
	- add each option and rerun lilo and see if it helps booting

innie...meanie...my knee moe.... pick one and start playing...

have fun
alvin