Re: rtl8139.c - compile problems for cardbus driver module

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 07:18:14PM +0200, Schwerzmann, Stephan wrote:
> "pcmcia/driver_ops.h: no such file or directory"
> in my whole /usr/src tree I do not have anything named pcmcia nor
> driver_ops.h
> [...]
> Questions:
> what steps do I miss, to get the file pcmcia/driver_ops.h built? where
> should this file come from?
On kernel 2.4.5...
   giometti@zaigor:/usr/src$ find . -name 'driver_ops.h'
   ./linux-2.4.5/include/pcmcia/driver_ops.h

> I contacted Donald Becker, author of rtl8139.c et al. and he told me I need
> to install the pcmcia-cs headers
> but I cannot find out the name of the package containing them.
> I scanned /usr/src and the installation CD I have at hand with 'find' and
> other commands (like brute force scanning all .deb packages and 'grep'ping
> for '-i pcmcia' filenames) with no result.
On my Debian Woody:
   giometti@zaigor:~$ apt-cache search pcmcia-cs
   gcardscheme - GNOME applet for changing PCMCIA-CS schemes.
   netenv - Configure your system for different network environments.
   pcmcia-cs - PCMCIA Card Services for Linux.
   pcmcia-modules-2.2.17-compact - PCMCIA Modules for Linux (kernel
   2.2.17-compact).
   pcmcia-modules-2.2.17-idepci - PCMCIA Modules for Linux (kernel
2.2.17-idepci).
   pcmcia-modules-2.2.18pre21-compact - PCMCIA Modules for Linux (kernel
   2.2.18pre21-compact).
   pcmcia-modules-2.2.18pre21-idepci - PCMCIA Modules for Linux (kernel
   2.2.18pre21-idepci).

Hoping these can help you...

Ciao,
Rodolfo