Re: rtl8139.c - compile problems for cardbus driver module

Hi,

I myself compiled the carbus stuff you talked about one for my laptop. I'm
writing from memory here, and thats known to be less than perfect ;P but it
will point you in the right direction....

1) Get the sourcecode for the PCMCIA package, and compile this on your
system
2) Install the new pcmcia stuff
3) compile the rtl driver (see the end of the sourcecode for compile
instructions) btw, i had to add the path to /usr/src/linux/include and
/usr/src/pcmcia/include in my case (-I if memory serves me, and DO CHECK the
path's on your system).
4) copy the .o to your /lib/modules/[kernel-version]/pcmcia
5) run depmod (!! important !!)
6) edit the config files for your pcmcia package

If you are smart, copy your old (read: modified to work nice with debian)
config scripts first, or extract them from the pcmcia deb later.

Good luck!

Yours,
Nico de Haer