Re: Tape backup software

On Thu, Jul 19, 2001 at 12:59:48AM +0100, Stephen J . Thompson wrote:

> Can anyone recomend some tape backup software for a DAT drive? I need
> software that can allow backups to span multiple tapes.

You want amanda.  It's spread across a few packages in Debian:
amanda-common, amanda-client, and amanda-server.  In addition to dealing
with multiple volumes, it can be made to deal with multiple hosts.

Configuration can be a bitch, and I'm not sure what the current status
is regarding its security.  It used to be based on .rhosts, and didn't
use any kind of crypto or reliable authentication.

noah