Unidentified subject!

The following will probably sound somewhat confused; that's because I
don't know what exactely is causing the problem, so please bear with
me.

I'm a big fan of eterm and use pseudo-transparent eterms all the time.
After upgrading to woody, I noticed the following cosmetic, but still
annoying problem: in dselect, if I scoll down the list of installed
packages, some lines have a transparent background while others get a
black one. That is, random parts of the display are transparent (like
they're supposed to be) while others get a solid black background.
This problem does not surface until I scroll in any of the lists.

Also, I noticed that jed now always gets a black background, no matter
what I put in ~/.jedrc. If I set the background to solid red, all I
see is the red background flashing for the fraction of a section and
then going back to black. Apart from that, everything seems to work
fine, but the whole color-scheme does not correspond to a) ~/.jedrc
and b) the eterm theme. Same effect with slrn, for example, so this is
definately not app specific.

Who's to blame? Eterm? Terminfo? Termcap? Ncurses?

Any hints appreciated.

--
Philipp Lehman <lehman@gmx.net>