Re: remote administration methods

>>>>> "Martin" == Martin F Krafft <madduck@madduck.net> writes:

Martin> however, i am thinking that there has to be a tool out there,
Martin> because there is a UNIX tool for everything, and the problem i
Martin> am experiencing is surely shared by hundreds of admins...

Take a look at rdist:
ggeens@shienar:/usr/share/doc/lilo-doc$ apt-cache show rdist
Package: rdist
Section: net
Installed-Size: 200
Maintainer: Herbert Xu <herbert@debian.org>
Architecture: i386
Version: 6.1.5-3
Replaces: netstd
Depends: libc6 (>= 2.1.97)
Filename: pool/main/r/rdist/rdist_6.1.5-3_i386.deb
Size: 79738
MD5sum: d607dc10256f5997ee1612775aba98b9
 Rdist is a program to maintain identical copies of files over multiple hosts.
 It preserves the owner, group, mode, and mtime of files if possible and can
 update programs that are executing.

--
G. ``Iggy'' Geens - ICQ: #64109250
Home: <ggeens@iname.com> - Work: <guy.geens@cgey.be>