Re: MySQL question

Read about GRANT queries in the mysql manual.

You should definitely not be using your root info for web work -- in fact
I'd create a user with SELECT only privs for most of it ...

GRANT SELECT on YOURDB.* to username@localhost identified by 'somepassword'

Varying the YOURDB and the username@localhost/somepassword will give you different
permutations of access by user to different databases ... varying the SELECT (adding
additional permissions) will set the access rights.  ... you can get more involved
with specific tables/columns within tables -- but that should get you in the
right direction.