Re: Printproblem with CUPS and LaserJet 1100

On Tue, 24 Jul 2001, Gast CPU20 wrote:

> The problem is, that Cups only gives me the possibility to connect the
> printer to a serial port - but my printer is on the paralell port.

The CUPS software administrators manual says

"For an HP DeskJet printer connected to the parallel port this would look
like:

/usr/sbin/lpadmin -p DeskJet -E -v parallel:/dev/lp1 -m deskjet.ppd ENTER"

Presumably this would work with any printer connected to the parallel
port, though I have a serial port, so have never tried it.

If you have CUPS installed, go to http://localhost:631/sam.html for the
software administrator's manual. Otherwise see http://www.cups.org

Is this relevant?

                                              Faheem.