modprobe: Can't locate module

Upon logging into kde I am getting this message in the
console box that stays open.

modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-1
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-service-1-0
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module sound-slot-1
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module
sound-service-1-0
modprobe: modprobe: Can't locate module char-major-5

I cannot find anything about them in modules.conf but
I have the feeling it may be something to do with the
kernel upgrade to 2.4.6.  I did everything properly as
I've always done, moved the old /lib/modules directory
ran depmod and did some weird debian specific stuff
I've never done before.  Cannot quite recall what it
is that I did since I never noticed this since the
kernel upgrade (20 or so days ago) and I don't log out
or anything except the kernel upgrade.  Sound is
working fine with cd's, mp3's, and even flash so I
can't for the life of me figure out were this error is
coming from.  I'm running testing and used the kernel
src's from kernel.org.  The kernel-package debian way
seemed more work than the normal way: make dep; make
clean; make bzImage; make modules; make
modules_install some I just did it the way I always
do.  Anyway thanks for any advice on what these
mysterious missing modules are.

Jeff