What's the "NVI recovery program"? Could this be a trojan?

Hi-

	I found the message below in my Balsa Inbox.
	Is there such a thing? Why did it appear in my mailbox?
	Should I be worried about trojans and the like?
	Thanks,
	Henry

----- Forwarded message from Nvi recovery program <root> -----

On Mon Apr  9 14:15:41 2001, the user root was editing a
file named /usr/share/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf on the machine
siddhi.samsara, when it was saved for recovery. You can
recover most, if not all, of the changes to this file using
the -r option to vi:

	vi -r /usr/share/texmf/web2c/fmtutil.cnf
----- End forwarded message -----