VS: Zip installation - help with imm, ppa and diagnostic messagees.

---------^ ??

>	If I try to mount /mnt/zip, I get:
>
>siddhi:~# mount /zip
>mount: can't find /zip in /etc/fstab or /etc/mtab

...because you don't have /zip in fstab. if the configuration line is:
/dev/sda1 /zip ext2 noauto,user 0 0
you can mount it to /zip. Now its that defined /mnt/zip

>siddhi:~# mount /mnt/zip
>mount: the kernel does not recognize /dev/sda1 as a block device
>       (maybe `insmod driver'?)

Meaning that /dev/sda1 isn't hard-disk/zip-disk etc. compatible block
readable device. There is no disk at all or something like that.
There is something wrong in your device-configurations.
/dev/sda1 is the first partition on the first SCSI-disk.
/dev/sda4 is the fourth partition on that same disk.
/dev/sdd1 is the first partition on the fourth SCSI-disk. And so on...

It seems you are trying to use SCSI-zip. How is your SCSI-configuration?
Quote scsi bus-information from /proc/scsi, and we can see lots of more
about it.

--
Sami Louko (slouko@dlc.fi)