Re: Anti-aliasable fonts in KDE?

Geoffrey Romer <gromer@hmc.edu> writes:

> The optimal solution would seem to be to get anti-aliasable versions
> of Helvetica and Courier. Is this possible?

Yes.  Any Postscript Type 1 or TrueType fonts will work.  Therefore,
you can buy fonts from a number of places, use fonts from (say) an old
version of Adobe Type Manager, download the MS Core Fonts[1] (see the
msttcorefonts for help), etc.  I've done all of the above, though most
of my screen fonts are the MS TTFs.

Footnotes:
[1]  See the msttcorefonts Debian package for some details.

Serving coffee on aircraft causes turbulence.