Re: exim no longer works?

Quoting Edwin Lau on Sun, Jul 22, 2001 at 07:25:16PM -0400:
> Hi everyone,
>
>     I am using exim, and it seems like the outgoing
> mail no longer works. I suppect is the header
> rewriting part error. it used to work. exim bounced my
> email back every time I send an outgoing message and
> the error is sth like don't accept mail from this
> domain. and I saw that local address lauedw@Mercury
> (my local machine) didn't really change to
> try_email_me@yahoo.ca. are there anyone having the
> same problem Recently?
>
> Edwin Lau

I just did an upgrade for unstable and got a new exim.  This one seems to
have some changes with regard to who exactly can run "mailq" and it states
in the readme that only those fortunate souls that belong to the mail group
can access and work on the queues.

What kind of address rewriting rules were you using?  I use a pretty simple
one like this:

mperry@mperry mperry@shell.rawbw.com Eh

in the address rewriting area.  This rewrites the headers and envelope as I
want it.  You could also rewrite the headers using the email-addresses file
in /etc/exim I believe.

Try making my change and dropping me an email as a test. See if it works
then.

--
Michael Perry
mperry@tsoft.com