Re: ipchains for the firewall challenged

On 07/22/01 02:27:26 -0500, Phil Brutsche wrote:
> I'm not a big fan of it but pmfirewall is a popular starting point for
> people new to setting up firewalls.  It can be found at
> http://freshmeat.net

Thanks for the link. I used to to get set up and now I'm in the
process of looking through the scripts too see what it did. Hopefully
I'll be able to get ipchains set up on my own one of these days.

If I may ask, why do you not like it? Is there something functionally
wrong with it? Is it that the user is placing trust in someone else
for securing a system? Are you a nuts-and-bolts, do-it-yourself kind
of guy?

Thanks again!
--
Mark Wagnon <mwagnon1@home.com>