Re: Unable to upgrade libc6, back to square 1

> cp from potato doesn't have the -L option.
>
> Maybe you should upgrade fileutils manually first (maybe recompiling
> if it doesnt install: cd; apt-get source -b fileutils; dpkg -i
> fileutils-xxxx.deb).
>
> chris

OK I tried that ... still stuck... here's what I got :

It fetched fileutils 4.1-2.diff.gz, .dsc and .orig.tar.gz .. so far so
good.

Next line after the downloads and starts compiling I get this, and I can't
figure how to get out of this (this install is turning into a nightmare
!):

so here's my new error:

file=./'echo cs | sed 's,.*/,,''.gmo && rm -f $file && PATH=../src:$PATH \
no -o $file cs.po
/bin/sh: no: command not found

now .. what is no ? where (package) do I find it ? I've looked as far as I
can look, without results.

Before you asked, I've installed libc6-dev, dpkg-dev, debhelper, gcc, all
from stable.

I'm stuck with a system that just won't work, any help will be GREATLY
appreciated. Thanks

Jeff