Re: Newbie question - XFree86 configuration - (not sure if this is the right list)g

 On Sat, Jul 21, 2001 at 02:21:10PM -0700, Alexandre Dornback wrote:

 >   Newbie alert.  I'm new to linux and am having issues.
 >   _X11TransSocketUNIXConnect: Can't connect: errno = 111
 >
 >  Please HELP...  What am I missing?
 >  This is during initial configuration after installation reboot.
 >  I clicked YES to "Do you want to create the XFree86 configuration file?"

 man XF86Setup

 In a terminal, under root
 - launch XF86Setup,
 - read information to configuration with XF86Setup.

 If your mouse doesn't work press enter, read the informations,
 press enter and use the key TAB to select:

 1: mouse -----------   configure your mouse

 now with your mouse:

 2: keyboard --------   configure your ...
 3: card    ---------   configure your ...
 4: monitor ---------   configure your ...
 5: modeselection ---   configure your ...

 repeat this until X works fine ....be patient ...

 hth

--
Gerard