Debian books

Can someone tell me what they consider to be a good up to date Debian
book for a beginner, one that doesn't assume that the reader has a
background in Unix or DOS?  Is there such a book?

Where are the books about Debian?  I found dozens of up to date books
for RedHat and just one out of date book for Debian (O'Reilly) in the 4
large bookstores that I visited.  It's not that the Debian books were
sold out, there just don't to be many published.