Re: [users] Mail from OE to linux and more

* Mark Wagnon (mwagnon1@home.com) [010709 15:31]:
> Do you mean "with" or "without"? I'm a little confused. Mutt has some
> option to change the from header for outbound mail. I don't use it, so

(judicious use of hedgeclippers above)

In order to set the from address that mutt wil use, try setting the
"from" variable. You can have this do fun things for mailing lists
with commands like:

folder-hook . 'set from="Vineet Kumar <my.real.address@my.real.host>"'
folder-hook debian/security 'set from="Vineet Kumar <debian-security@virtual.doorstop.net>"'
folder-hook debian/user 'set from="Vineet Kumar <debian-user@virtual.doorstop.net>"'

sorry, I munged that to keep my real "secret" address spam-free =p

Also, if you want mutt to try to tell the MTA to use the address in
the From: header as the envelope sender address, set the envelope_from
variable with a line like this in your .muttrc:

set envelope_from

(what it really does is pass a -f aragument to $sendmail, check to
make sure that whatever mta you're using supports that and that it's
not already being set by something else)

Vineet