Re: logrotate error: unexpected text

* Kevin C. Smith (smithkevinc@nettaxi.com) [010715 11:59]:
> Anyone know how to fix this?
>
> Logrotate produces the following error message.
>
> /etc/cron.daily/logrotate
> error: /etc/logrotate.conf:9 unexpected text.
>
> I haven't touched the logrotate.conf, so it's the standard one.
You must have recently upgraded logrotate in unstable (3.5.7-2, I
believe). In the new version, it seems that line 9 of the default from
the old version is now a syntax error. It's the line that says
"errors root", telling logrotate where to mail errors to.

Since you haven't modified your old setup at all, probably the easiest
fix is to just clobber it with /etc/logrotate.conf.dpkg-new (though I
would recommend looking over both files to ensure that there are no
other changes you need, JIC).

Vineet